Director of Information Technology - CSD
by Job Postings
Posted on March 22, 2022
Director of Information Technology
The Director of Information Technology will oversee all technology (hardware/software) aspects and resources of the District; establish a technology vision and lead the District’s technology development.
- 4 year college degree in computer science or related field
- 10 years’ experience in Information Technology arena
- Over 5 years management and strategic experience in Information Technology Arena
- Any combination of education and experience relative to the above qualifications as the Governing Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Works in a consultative fashion with other department heads such as Community Relations, Business Services, Human Resources, Educational Services, and Principals as an advisor of technologies that may improve their work efficiencies and effectiveness
- Sets and measures strenuous but attainable goals for the Information Technology Department and timely completion of performance appraisals.
- Acts as a good steward of the District resources and implements procedures to safeguard and control assets
- Communicates the District’s technology strategy to the Superintendent’s Leadership Team, Governing Board, Principals and other stakeholders
- Develops, implements and maintains a robust work order system to track and resolve all technology related issues from technology end users
- Designs a professional development plan on technology courses to train District computer users; selects and registers District domain names
- Develops and maintains a robust District-wide Disaster Recovery Plan
- Identifies competitive advantages and technological trends for the benefit of the District; consistently evaluates technical efficiencies and makes changes as necessary
- Plans and implements proper Internet usage policies for employees, students and the Governing Board.
- Develops, implements and maintains all internal and external communication systems such as intranets, emails, websites, instant messaging etc.
- Develops and directs all networking safeguards to reduce the risk of breaches.
- Performs other tasks and duties as assigned.
Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination is required prior to start of employment. Fully vaccinated is defined as both doses of the Moderna and/or Pfizer and one booster; single dose of Johnson & Johnson plus one booster.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Reports To: Chief Financial Officer
Supervises: Information Technology Department Staff Term: Employment is for twelve months Benefits: As approved by the Governing Board
Cartwright School District #83 Haidee Ruiz, Human Resources (623) 691 3911 Fax (623) 691 4079